The Montclair Cooperative School seeks a part time Technology Director to begin in May 2019.
About the School
The Montclair Cooperative School is an independent nursery through eighth grade school founded in 1963 and located in Montclair, NJ. We have an enrollment of 170 students, a program that is progressive and a community that is highly collaborative.
The Technology Director is responsible for strategically planning and managing the daily operations of the school’s technologies in support of teaching, learning, student life, and administrative operations. This includes short and long-term planning, maintenance of technology infrastructure, purchasing, data management, and management of the school’s internet and internal community websites. The Technology Director advises and assists the Technology Integration Teacher in the maintenance of support for all computing devices including computers, servers, networking hardware, tablets, and peripherals, and advises on educational technology, software, and curriculum. He or she also works with the school’s Technology Teacher on faculty and classroom support. The Technology Director reports to the Head of School and is a member of the senior leadership team. In this capacity, the Technology Director contributes to support, problem-solving, collaboration and planning as needed on major school-wide efforts such as enrollment, special events, and special projects. Like all senior administrators, the Technology Director is committed to the school’s mission, progressive educational philosophy, and the pursuit of social justice and equity.
Specifically, the Technology Director is responsible to:
- Create and maintain both short and long term strategic technology plans, including:
- Physical equipment needs of teachers, students, and administrative staff
- The school’s web presence
- Growth and enhancement of our network
- Data management and security
- Teacher and staff technology professional development (workshops and self-help instructions)
- Ensure that all infrastructure technology is functioning and useful to the staff, including:
- Physical network and internet connectivity
- Network software and network devices such as servers and connected printers
- Administrative computers, software, and peripherals
- Security Systems and Platforms
- Phone system
- Manage the school’s G Suite for Education infrastructure, including user management, training,
optimization, and support.
- Manage and support the school administration’s data information systems in support of admissions, development, and finance functions.
- Oversee purchasing and documentation of technology resources in conjunction with the Technology Teacher utilizing both school budget and non-public funding.
- Lead assigned parent volunteers to help support the technology initiatives of the school, in
conjunction with the Technology Teacher.
- Develop, maintain, and support the external website at www.montclaircoop.org based on content
provided by the Admissions Director, Development Director, Head of School, and other content
- Develop, optimize, maintain, and support the internal school community website, which is an
information portal for school colleagues, parents, and eventually students.
- Provide data management, registration and enrollment support services to ensure all
administration systems and enrollment data is appropriately updated and accurately maintained
- Manage vendor relationships and services, including issuing RFPs and obtaining quotes.
- Take leadership in providing ongoing research on technical trends and issues in technology
education and security for the independent education sector.
The successful Technology Director will be an organized self-starter who enjoys assisting faculty and
students with their learning. Experience with databases, network administration (including wireless and firewalls), G Suite for Education administration, and information technology resources and services is important. Strong familiarity with typical school hardware (desktops, laptops, printers, SMART boards, projects and so on) and typical software (Apple platform, G Suite including Drive, Docs, Sheets and Slides, Microsoft Suite, web-based applications, licensing, databases, etc.) are also very important. The Technology Director needs experience with business process management in order to drive ongoing process improvement initiatives.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Namita Tolia, Head of School via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate how you learned of the opportunity in your
cover letter. Only candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Montclair Cooperative School is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment
is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and the school’s needs.