The Montclair Cooperative School, a progressive independent day school, early ages through 8th grade, seeks a part-time or full-time Director of Enrollment Management to join our admissions team, starting immediately. As the first point of contact for prospective families the Director of Enrollment Management is the face of the school and an ambassador for the school in the community. We are seeking a candidate who understands and can convey the richness of the Co-op’s progressive curriculum, the engagement of its students, families and teachers and the sense of community which permeates all aspects of Co-op life. A full job description and requirements for success are below.
About the School
Founded in 1963, the Montclair Cooperative School (the Co-op) is an independent, progressive, co-educational school, serving approximately 125 students from early ages through eighth grade. We are a community of students, teachers and parents dedicated to creating a diverse and nurturing environment where children flourish intellectually, creatively and emotionally while developing exceptional social skills and a deep sense of community responsibility. The Co-op’s whole-child curriculum is interdisciplinary, emphasizing inquiry, diversity, critical thinking and deep understanding, while supporting individualized social and emotional growth.
The Co-op seeks candidates experienced in independent school admissions with either a Masters degree or a BA and at least 4 years work experience.
STUDENT RECRUITMENT/SCHOOL OUTREACH
- Direct the admissions process from point of inquiry through enrollment, including organized and efficient handling of applications, communication with prospective families; securing of necessary application materials; maintaining files and communicating final decisions to the appropriate individuals
- Organize, publicize and lead open houses and personal tours
- Oversee admissions outreach plan, including publications, events and invitations, advertising, social media with awareness of local market and competitors
- Coordinate faculty’s participation in assessments and classroom visits
- Conduct student and parent interviews
- Develop relationships with preschools and other area schools
- Oversee admissions decisions and committee process
- Oversee parent and staff volunteers for admissions events
ADMISSIONS OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Collaborate with Co-Heads of School on FA Budget and Admissions Budget
- Collaborate with Co-Heads of School on Marketing Efforts
- Collaborate with Co-Heads of School on Financial Aid Committee decisions
- Collaborate with Director of Technology to maintain and improve Website
- Collaborate with Co-Heads of School on High School Transition Process
- Maintain content of admissions aspects of the website
- Manage the TADS relationship for online Applications and Enrollment
- Maintain daily data and statistics on all aspects of the admissions and re-enrollment process from year to year (inquiries, yield, enrollment, retention, attrition etc.)
SCHOOL GOVERNANCE SUPPORT
- Prepare admissions and enrollment reports monthly for the Board of Trustees
- Attend Board of Trustees meetings, as required, to provide periodic admissions updates and interpretations of data and trends to guide policy and programs.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Director of Enrollment Management in the subject line. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please. To see further details about the position and to learn more about the Montclair Cooperative School go to montclaircoop.org.